Saturday 5 June 2010

Computer Asplode

In other, non-ThunderCats news... oh God.

You might have noticed, what with the relatively sparse blog posts and my complete lack of presence on Twitter, that I've been in the middle of nowhere this past week. Figuratively speaking, I mean - in literal terms I've been parked behind this keyboard, same as ever. My computer is gradually dying. Or rather, my Windows install is. Which I suppose would be fine and dandy if I could lay my hands on my XP CD, which I can't.

Maybe now's the time to take the bull by the horns and go the Windows 7 route. To wit: if any readers using that OS would care to share their experiences with it, I'd love to hear.

Not to worry: we're still set for Mark Charan Newton week to kick off come Monday, beginning with a review of Nights of Villjamur - though considering the lead time I usually work with, updates the week after next might be a bit spotty given my troubles.


Bloody computers. Keeping a machine up and running is like having a baby, I swear. A screaming, drunken baby...

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I've been using Win7 since last year and loving it - vastly different experience to Vista. Extremely stable and generally good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a die hard XP user until Win 7. Best OS they have produced so far IMO. These days I'm either using Win 7 or Ubuntu and loath to return to XP.

    It even plays well with fairly rubbish specs though the more RAM the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You avoided the plague, that is, Vista. Terrible, terrible experience. I was an XP fan until Win 7: it's a very good OS.

    ReplyDelete