Tuesday 10 May 2011

Giving The Game Away | One Lucky Locust

These last three weeks, I've been playing the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta. And it's been awesome, of course. I must have sunk... oh, shall we say 20 hours into it? Enough anyway to have worried the hell out of my Xbox on several occasions. And there's still a whole week to go before the beta's done, so I could red-ring the thing yet! :)


Alas, as much fun as I've had, and as many dudes - and occasional ladies - as I've chainsawed in half, the beta's been an oddly lonely affair, of late: codes to access it were limited enough that a very few of my Xbox Live friends got in, and I think those that did have unlocked everything there is to unlock, and moved on, as is the gamer's way. And getting a team together to roll over the opposition all evening long, well hell, that's half the fun of it all right there.

So. A Gears of War 3 multiplayer buddy would be nice, but no worries - no blood oaths need be sworn today. I've got one extra download code to give away in any event, and the first person to drop me an email at thespeculativescotsman [at] googlemail [dot] com with the name of the genre author who writes the Gears of War extended universe novels can have it.

Ready?

Set?

Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment