Friday 22 April 2011

Short Fiction Corner | A Very Mieville Morning

Don't look now, but it's only new China Mieville!

And no, I don't even mean Embassytown. Though that's what I've been reading these past few night, at long goddamn last. And it is... exquisite. But no, that's not the new China Mieville I mean.

Here. This morning The Guardian posted an exclusive short story by the man, the muscle, the mind behind The City and The City: at a glance 'Covehithe' seems to be about a risen rigging platform - though don't hold me to that. I've only read the first section for the minute but of course, it's superb. Of course it is: for Pete's sake, it's new China Mieville.

Away yes go and read it, then. Catching up on the blogs can wait today. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished The City & The City a few days ago and I finally understand what the deal with Mieville is. I read Perdido Street Station last year and didn't really get why readers were falling head-over-heels, but now it makes a little more sense. Thanks for linking to the story, I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete