Tuesday 14 December 2010

Top of the Scots 2010: An Introduction

2010, huh? That happened.

Well, I suppose it's still happening, but let's be honest here: for all intents and purposes, in terms of notable book and movie and video games releases, short a select few latecomers it might as well be over. So. What better time than now to take stock of all the good stuff - not to speak of the bad - the year's given us?

January, did you say? You know, I'm kind of inclined to agree, but by then I expect we'll be sick and tired of seeing Year's Best posts on all our favourite blogs, so I'm gonna go with this while the going's still good. In that spirit, ladies and gentlemen, I give you... the Top of the Scots!

That's what I'm calling it anyway.

No doubt everyone knows how this sort of thing goes already, but indulge me, dear readers - in the spirit of Christmas, which (whoever would have thunk it?) I hear's about to happen. This week, I'm going to run us through my personal favourites of the untold gazillions of books, movies and video games published or otherwise released between January 1st and... well, let's say the end of December, because other than Tron: Legacy, there's really nowt of note about between then and now.

There'll also be a space for honourable mentions - as in, things I've read or played or seen and adored this year that either came out before the period of eligibility began or else haven't as yet hit bookstore shelves or home consoles or multiplexes or whatever. Add to that sections on particularly monstrous disappointments, runners-up and any glaring oversights for each medium of entertainment, ie. things I just haven't managed to get to yet, and perhaps you're beginning to see why we're going to be at this all week.

Without any further ado, then, the Top of the Scots!

No comments:

Post a Comment