Monday 20 December 2010

The Scotsman Abroad | Dark Matter on Strange Horizons

I had dearly hoped to post a triumvirate of reviews this week - one for each of the winners of the Top of the Scots, no less. Sadly, however, certain circumstances have arisen just in time to chuck a hulking great spanner in the works: the lovely other half took a fall while at work the other day and came home concussed.

So. For the immediately foreseeable, I'm afraid blogging's going to have to take a bit of a back seat. That said, I'll do my utmost to steal a few minutes while she's snoozing and/or hallucinating (courtesy of some serious painkillers) to write up a couple of things - the better to keep you all entertained this Christmas week. And for the moment, I'd recommend you click on through to read this review of Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.

You might be somewhat familiar with the author's previous work. And by "the author," I mean me, because - would you credit it? - I sold another review! :D

God love the tiddlypeeps at Strange Horizons for editing some sense into my otherwise meandering critiques...

Anyway, do wish the other half a speedy recovery! The sooner she's better, the sooner I can get back to figuring out how to enthuse about The Habitation of the Blessed without suggesting it's like reading poetry - a statement Cat Valente would very likely kick my ass for making.

But go on, now.

1 comment:

  1. Mate, hope the mrs gets better soon - in time for Xmas turkey and ham ;-)

    Oh and the beer and the wine too, of course.

    Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete