Monday 27 December 2010

One Teapot to Rule Them All

So. Christmas.

I'd love to say it were over, that I could get back to my happy little life of reading and blogging and writing, but no. The big day's come and gone, but what with friends and relatives popping out of the woodwork like Gremlins nibbling after midnight, myself and the other half - mostly herself again (thanks to everyone who asked) - have had to put pen to paper and come up with a sectioned schedule for our plans through to New Year's Day.

As a matter of fact, I'm forestalling one obligation such by taking the time to write this... grandfolks in-law and step-mothers are the order of the day.

But I feel like such a meanie when I don't blog for any length of time, so hey, everyone!

*waves sleepily*

Just wanted to check in, see how you were all keeping, give you a space to boast about who got the best goodies from old Monsieur Claus. When I've got a touch more time to myself I'm hoping put up a post about what The Speculative Scotsman's friends and family saw fit to bequeath me. Alas, there've been no books so far, but lots of other lovely treats, not least a gorgeous and generously proportioned Sterling silver art deco-inspired teapot; I can't complain!

But I want to know: what did you all find under your tree? Do tell!

###

A quick update on the state of play before I nip off to go shopping with the other half's other gran. I'll have a couple of reviews up between now and Hogmanay - a piece on season five of Dexter and another as-yet TBD - and come the first, a certain blog will be celebrating a certain blogiversary. Though I couldn't possibly say which! :)

In the meantime, I've been reading and playing a pair of the notable oversights related - you might recall - in Top of the Scots a wee while ago. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, in those moments I've squirreled away to slip Ezio's invisible blade into the chops of an assortment of Borgia swine, has been easily the best in the franchise entire. Come to that, as satisfying as it's been when I've done the stabbing, thus far I've mostly left it to the old brotherhood. A quick depression of the left bumper and - would you credit it - a gang of fellow assassins shoot out of haystacks and skydive off the roofs of nearby buildings to do my dirtywork for me. Brilliant!

Oh. And as promised, I've finally gotten around to beginning my long-belated read through Under Heaven.

And it. Is. Sublime.

More on which - and lots more, if my mess of notes are anything to judge by - early in the New Year.

Meantime, here's hoping you all had a lovely Christmas. Here's hoping there's a little leftover Turkey for you to pick at while you're brewing your coffee of a morning, and that a couple of distant, momentarily forgotten relatives are yet to visit, with surprise gifts in hand. I hope amongst all the usual festive rubbish there've been a couple of treats under your tree you wonder now how you could ever have gotten by without. If you care to share, I'd love to hear about the very things.

But sure enough... nothing beats my teapot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment