Friday 17 June 2011

News Flashing | Joe Abercrombie To Work On A New Trilogy

Feed Reader used to be my RSS feed reader of choice. I think it was the first thing Google coughed up, back when I began looking for an app to alert me to new posts from all the blogs and news sites I follow. A little while later, I moved over to Newz Crawler, and that was pretty decent as a desktop PC experience -- except, of course, for the z in the title, which annoyed me every time I remembered it. Even now, just thinking about it, it annoys me.

But we're not talking about my pet peeves. And anyway, since took the plunge on my eee Pad Transformer a few months ago, I've moved over again, and found an experience so convenient, immediate and accessible - not to mention beautiful to look at - that now I don't know if I could ever go back.

I've been using Newsr for Honeycomb, via Google Reader, and though it means I only ever see what folks have been blogging about when I'm done working for the day and I've settled down in the evening with my tablet and a nice cup of coffee, it's just such a wonderful experience that I can't bring myself to mind said shortcomings. So if any of you are looking for a better way, there you are.

Otherwise, please do excuse the digression -- I actually do have some news to share. Huge news... I think. See, yesterday evening, I was scrolling through my 300-odd feeds, and I came upon this post on the Orbit Books blog, wherein the following was said:

"Orbit US has signed for four new novels with Joe Abercrombie. The first will be a standalone and then a trilogy -- all set in the same world as The First Law trilogy."

We knew, of course, that Abercrombie was working on another standalone fantasy novel to follow The Heroes with, set in the same shared world as all his works to date, but as for afters? I know I didn't have a clue. Did you?

We all adore Joe Abercrombie, right? By the dead, we certainly should.

So is this huge news...

...or is it just news to me?

9 comments:

  1. http://booktionary.blogspot.com/2011/01/news-joe-abercrombie-signs-4-book-deal.html

    Pretty sure it was news that was spreading across the blogosphere at the start of the year. I did a quick google search to refresh myself using "joe abercrombie signs new deal with orbit" and most of the articles at the top were in early January. So I guess it's mostly news to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess!

    Still, if it got past me... though who knows how it did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, but as per your article, Michael, the nature of the four new books was still subject to change. With his publisher now blogging about them, that's got to be confirmation of a sort.

    So there's, uh... there's that. :I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we don't all read all the sf blogs you know. I hadn't heard. Super news even if it's not really news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.joeabercrombie.com/2011/01/04/new-year-new-deal/

    The deal was done with Orion some time ago, but Orbit have only recently come on board for the US editions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see. Must have had my head in the toilet from all the New Year's shenanigans when the actual news broke, or else something of that order.

    Well, congrats on the Orbit deal in any event, Joe, and hearty thanks for stopping by to clarify. Kinda neat to know you're looking, too - at least as neat as it is pant-wetting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oct 27th - Rumor Surfaces
    http://yetistomper.blogspot.com/2010/10/untitled-abercrombie-quadrilogy.html

    Jan 4th - Rumor Confirmed http://yetistomper.blogspot.com/2011/01/joe-abercrombie-confirms-speculated-4.html

    Get with the times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Judi Bola Agen Sbobet Agen Bola Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What an ideal web site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone necessarily assist to make critically posts I'd state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular publish extraordinary. Excellent process! Pembesar Penis Jual Vimax Pelangsing Badan Obat Kuat

    ReplyDelete