Monday 4 October 2010

Daily Science Fiction

I don't recall exactly how I stumbled upon Daily Science Fiction, or perhaps I should say where; I'm fairly certain it was another blogger what pointed me in its direction, but alas, even my RSS reader seems to have forgotten.

In any case!

Daily Science Fiction represents the first blush of an exciting (if somewhat belated) new vehicle for the distribution of short stories: sign up now for the tidy sum of absolutely bloody nothing and shortform genre fiction from voices both familiar and unknown will be delivered direct to your door - your inbox in this case - on a daily basis. All you have to do is give Clarion alumni Jonathan Laden and King Arthur fantatic Michele Barasso, the co-founders of this particular venture, your email address.

I can't for the life of me figure out how they're funding it - there's no pay-per-impression scheme for emails that I know of and there've been no ads in the messages for Jonathan and Michele to reap dollars from thus far - but however the pair have pulled Daily Science Fiction off, the subscription is absolutely worth the price of entry... which is to say nothing at all. We've already had stonkers from Cat Rambo, Lavie Tidhar and Mary Robinette Kowal, and you never know what's going to appear in your inbox tomorrow.

Sign up on the sidebar here.

You really should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment